Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I love Molasses

So, I told you I was making a gingerbread loaf cake in my last post.
These are a few of my favorite things:
1. Ginger
2. Molasses

Naturally, I love gingerbread and ginger cake in all forms. We're still in search of the ideal recipe for ginger cookies and cake that "blows your head off" with flavor as my husband says.
I'm going to experiment sometime with dried ginger, a bit of pepper (like the Germans use) and real ginger in a recipe.

Now molasses is one of those things I never had much of until recently. Like sweetened condensed milk, I didn't grow up in a family that used it for anything.

I love molasses.
I live in New England now. I suppose the two go hand in hand.

Did you ever have molasses popcorn?  Now that's wicked good eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment